Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Our plans for the Little ranch

We both have plans for the little ranch in Van Zandt county Texas. Mine are to have a horse or horses to go trail riding. Samantha would like to have goats and garden. We both love animals and like taking care of them and being around them.

I am doing my research now on how to take care of my own horse(s) what I equipment and supplies I will need what chores will have to be done and the scheduling of professionals like the farrier and the vet. I will have to locate those professionals in the area and make contact with them. I am getting excited about having a horse of my own. We had horses when the children were growing up, but I didn't get to enjoy them like they did because I had to work very long hours. I took riding lessons a couple of times, but never became a competent rider like other members of the family. My goal now is just to enjoy trail rides and have fun meeting other horse people. Kind of strange this late in life getting a horse, but I have always been a little strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment