Sunday, March 1, 2009

We find a ranch?



Downtown Wills Point Texas near the ranch I looked at.




Here is the entrance to the little ranch we made an offer on.


Friday I went up to Jacksonville Texas to meet with a real estate agent to visit two properties near there. Well near there is a relative term. The first place we looked at had an offer on it already, but when I saw it I was very put off. The place was a dump. Trash and stuff strewn about the place and dangerous wiring laying on the ground. There was a spot where some one had worked on a motor or something and spilt a lot of oil, there two buildings behind the house that were dilapidated and ugly. All this plus it was on a steep hillside and had a rough road leading to the house. I passed on making an offer.

We then trekked over to the other listing and what a difference. This place is neat, orderly, clean and in good shape. This little ranch has 10 acres several out buildings, parameter fencing and cross fencing. The house though older is in good shape has a fireplace three bedrooms large living area, big closets in all bedrooms two full baths, laundry area. The kitchen was a tad small but serviceable the land is mostly level and sloops down toward a creek that is the border of the property. I liked the property and talked it over with Samantha on the cell phone while at the property and we agreed to make an offer. I spent the rest of the day wandering around the neighborhood until it was time to meet with the real estate agent to work up the documents for the offer. It was late when I left and I and the dogs had to travel back to Livingston in the dark not something I like to do these day.

No comments:

Post a Comment