Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The poor business experience

Did you ever go to a business and not feel welcome ? I mean they take your money and they do a good job, but it feels like they really don't want you there or care that you are spending your money in their establishment. I had that experience this morning at the big trailer place here in Livingston Texas. I don't remember even so much as a good morning out of anyone; NO ONE introduced themselves to me. I had my dogs with me and I took them out of my truck and we waited under a carport display for three hours, no one aske if I would like a place to sit or a cup of coffee, glass of water ...nothing.

I noticed all the photos and awards on their walls and there was a lot of coming and going of other customers and their yard was full of shinny new horse and stock trailers also carports, garages and even a large metal barn.

I asked a few questions about converting a goose-neck trailer to being used with the fifth wheel and although I got my answer I didn't get the warm fuzzy feeling that I like when I am spending money. I said I was looking for a horse trailer and had just started looking, but no one suggested I look at their trailers. I walked in and out of the barn on display several times, but no one asked me if I was interested. I saw our RV club sign on their cash register saying they were a corporate supporter and asked what a member gets and was told nothing. So why have the sign ?

The man that did the work on my truck did a good job and answered my questions. In a way I felt sorry for him cause if they ignored me, a paying customer, I can just imagine how he is treated. Maybe they have so much business they don't need mine, they sure won't get it in the future. Maybe if I showed up in a new expensive truck I would have been treated better then again maybe not, not everyone likes me although I bet if I were richer I would be treated better.

No comments:

Post a Comment