Sunday, March 1, 2009

WHAT I Found Out :(


Front of the house
Den fireplace area.

Saturday morning I was reading my email and I got a message from a real estate site that I was using to search for property that the very listing I had made an offer on HAD A PRICE increase! I had just made the offer a few hours ago and no one had informed me of a price increase !
I called my agents right away and informed them about the situation. They checked it out and got a reply that the son of the lady of the the listing was upset that the place was priced so low that within weeks of listing it there were two offers on it and insisted that the price be increased immediately. Well this didn't set well with me and I let everyone know about it.
I talked to Samantha later and she said to leave the offer on the table but not increase it if the seller(s) come back with a counter offer. At the very least there has been a breach of confidence on the seller's side. I expressed my concerns to my agent. I also expressed my concerns that there would be more problems with the sellers over the details of the sale.
Several times I mentioned that we didn't know who we were dealing with; one person the lady at the house or the whole family? One of my concerns; is there a will involved has it been probated and if there is no will has the property been assigned properly by a court? No one seems to think this is a problem. I have been through this before so there very well maybe a problem at or before closing.
This sort of thing gives me fits. People get wrong-headed advice and have beliefs not grounded in fact and trouble is the result. If I hadn't gotten that email I wouldn't have known about the price increase and expectations of the seller(s) or that there was another interested party in the sale on the seller's side. This could get interesting. We shall see how these things are handled here in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment