Monday, April 27, 2009

Visiting Cows


The barbed wire gate


Connected to coner post



This is the side that opens by moving the 'T'post and wire loop.

We have had visiting cows here and they have gotten excited and started running about twice now. So I was discussing the problem with a neighbor and he said he had some barbed wire left over and that he would give it to me to fence them out so Sunday morning I went down to the end of the 'alley' on the east side of the pasture and made a barbed wire gate. I used an old 'T' post and the barbed wire to make a crude gate. I made two loops over one corner post so the 'T' post can be released by moving the upper loop. I guess the photos tell the tale best. I have seen these used all over as an inexpensive gate, they are effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment