Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Barn Story Part I





The crew arrives and begins to


unload.




Putting the parts together




Up goes the first interior frames



The roof is being put on don't worry
it will all straighten out in the end

The leanto frames are up and the
roof is more complete

This is about what was done the
first day
Today is the day for the barn to be erected, the crew was supposed to be here at noon. Noon came and went and no crew. I just waited and did my usual stuff. I have been working on the porch/deck and needed to finish painting it and start cutting the lattice for the bottom so I just got busy doing that.

I had just helped some of my neighbor's cows find their way home when I saw a truck and trailer pass our place on the road. Sure enough it was our barn crew. I showed them were to go and where I wanted the barn built. We had a rather involved discussion about where to put it and what it would be lined up with then I realized nothing else in this place is lined up with anything so just put it where it looks best and don't get so picky:)
The three men are from Mexico and they have some English and I have some Spanish and we got our messages across using both languages, I thought it was fun. Thank goodness I did have some Spanish as otherwise there may have been some awkward moments trying to get across an idea or two.
I had to make a quick run to the store to buy more bricks as the ground wasn't as level as I thought it was, silly me. When I was gone the guys locked their keys inside their truck, by the these guys worked at getting into their own truck I could tell they weren't experienced at getting into locked vehicles like some of the folks I have had the pleasure of coming across from Mexico. These guys seem like family guys one had bought a big toy farm tractor for his son ... nice Dad.
The barn is looking good it is going to be bigger in real life
than I thought. That is okay we'll fill it with animals and stuff for them quick enough.





No comments:

Post a Comment