Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The closing fiasco


Finally got the damn key to the place !


Kay calling the realtors about the fact there is no key waiting for us.

I have been off line for a few days making the transition from RV'r to an owner of a sticks and bricks home.

The Closing was almost a disaster, the previous owner didn't have her husband's Will probated before she offered the property for sale and the lawyer she chose was not Mr. lightening. The Closing had to be postponed because the owner's lawyer didn't take the Will to the courthouse and have it probated as he was supposed to do. We got told this just as we were departing Livingston TX. We had already given up our parking space there so we continued on to Lake Tyler State Park to await further developments.
After making several trips to Jacksonville to see our real estate reps. We were about to give up on buying the property when we learned that the Will had passed probate. We showed up at the closing and were in the midst of signing papers when Samantha asked when we would get the keys. We were told, after a quick call to the selling real estate rep, that we could have them after the signing. So we continued with all the damn paperwork and then came the end, our agents called the other agent and we were told that no what she meant was when the closing was funded! No keys until the following day sometime as it was to late for the bank to fund the loan. After all we went through still no house. The following day we were told that evening we were told that there was a spare key in the shed in a can with little white ducks on it. The next morning we pulled in with our fifth wheel and went looking for the key. Yup, you guessed it no damn can and no damn key. Several phone calls later we were told to pick the key up at the selling realtor's office in Canton TX as they still had the key!
In trying to park the 32' RV trailer I managed to get the truck stuck in the mud. Thankfully some neighbors came by and helped us get unstuck with their four wheel drive truck. We then un-hitched the trailer as it sat cross ways in the yard and drove over to Canton to the real estate office. I called the selling real estate office to get directions and ask for the key when the broker told me that the sale wasn't complete, I hit the roof !!! I called our reps and they called the selling office and then the S.O.B. well okay then come and get the key. I asked if he could deliver the key and he said why doesn't my agent get the key for me he got a commission didn't he? I knew if I wanted the key right away I would have to go do it myself. When I got to the office I asked for the key the lady wanted to see my identification! I was incensed that I was having to prove who I was, who the hell else would show up for the damn key?
We got the key and to celebrate went for lunch at a local restaurant and had a lovely lunch and I got to sample buttermilk pie, for those of you who haven't had this pie when you get a chance give it a try it is delicious.
After lunch we zoomed over to this huge, I mean HUGE, flea market in Canton TX. We managed to find two beds we liked and then we went shopping for two mattresses. We got the whole she-bang back to the ranch and assembled the beds had our dinner and fell into the new beds in our new (to us) house for our first night's sleep.
What a day, what big pain in the Ass Day. Glad it is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment